While hyaluronic acid isn’t a new, fresh ingredient, you may be only just starting to hear about it now. This ultimate anti-ageing, skin hydrating booster isn’t entirely new to the skincare scene, but many people don’t know exactly what it is and what it’s used for.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring substance created in our bodies already, but doesn’t always work to the best of its ability when it is not boosted by a topical formula. Simply put, hyaluronic acid is a hydrator. It binds 1000 times its weight in water, helping to diminish the ageing process.
The benefits of hyaluronic acid are clear:
- Its moisture-binding properties attract and store moisture in the skin for optimal hydration 24/7
- Hyaluronic acid plumps and hydrates, which weakens during the ageing process
- Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated, making the skin look more radiant
- Improves the appearance of dine lines by plumping and firming the skin
- Hydrates and calms even redness-prone and congested skin types like rosacea sufferers
Hyaluronic acid is not only for those suffering from dry, red and dehydrated skin. It is suitable to use even on oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin, making it the ultimate multi-tasker for all skin types. While its lightweight formulation absorbs immediately, it allows enough time to maximise nourishing of the skin as soon as it is applied.
Image Skincare’s VITAL C range is the perfect solution to dry, dull and dehydrated skin with most of its product line containing hyaluronic acid as its key ingredient. VITAL C protects skin from harsh environmental stressors with a rich blend of botanicals, targeting visible skin dehydration with a multi-depth hydrating formula, to create a soothing and healthy way to improve skin
Products containing hyaluronic acid: